Friday 4 April 2014

CRÈME DE LA MER: The face and body gradual tan REVIEW

Crème de la mer; the cream of the sea, the best of the best.They Well known for their premium products made from some of the best ingredients in the world. Creme de la mer has been a brand which i have been dying to try out, everything from the name to the packaging speaks out as luxury to me. After spending the winter in England I have been craving some sun and a holiday but I couldn't see any chance of that anytime soon, so it seemed the perfect time to get a bit of summer and a taste seaside in my own home and buy the closest thing which was The face and body gradual tan from  The Soleil de la Mer range at crème de la mer.

I have been looking for a good fake tan for a while now as I love a summers glow all year round. I have tried out loads on the market and there have never been a fake tan that has blown me away, I find that they are either too orange, too fake looking or streaky. I decided to buy the The face and body gradual tan from creme de la mer last week and I wanted to share my first thoughts on the product.



The packaging is the classic minimalist creme de la mer look with the white box and metallic writing. I do love how basic the packaging is, I think it gives the product a classy look and  gives more emphasis on the product making it seem like your paying for the actual product not for some fancy packaging. The bottle the product comes in is again white but with a pearly effect, just as if it has been washed up on a sunny beach. 


my first thoughts on the product was that it smelt amazing, it was probably one of the best fake tans I have ever smelt if not the best. it wasn't too heavily perfumed and  when i tried the product i couldn't believe it was a fake tan it, it had no resemblance to a fake tan what so ever. the texture of the product was more on the gel side rather than cream so it was quite lightweight and it was easy to blend. 
I applied the product on my face,neck and chest area after I got out the shower. When I was blending it in it just felt like a really nice moisturiser, my skin looked glowing and fresh after I applied it and smelt like heaven. I then went to bed and slept with the product on as I normally would with any other fake tan. 
 when i woke up the next day my skin felt amazing and had a lovely glow. As I have fair skin  always worry that I am going to wake up with a orange tan, however this gave me a lovely sun kissed glow that looked natural it was nothing to severe which is what I like. Overall I was very impressed with this fake tan and how it looked and I would definitely recommend it. The only downfall is the price however I do feel you get what you pay for as it is a fake tan which gives a lovely glow and does good to your skin at the same time


Thank you for reading, and I hope you found this helpful 

Liv x



No comments:

Post a Comment