Sunday 5 January 2014

Tom Ford - SHADE AND ILLUMINATE Review

Hello people!

I have recently been fortunate  enough to purchase the Tom Ford shade and illuminate (intensity 1 ) which makes me very very happy and i am very grateful. I have wanted this product for what seems like years, but i have always been held back by the price. Luckily i didn't have to part from too much money as i got some vouchers for christmas from my family. 

Tom ford shade and illuminate is a compact of two cream base products. You get 14g worth of product in the shade and illuminate which is a large amount so you do get a decent amount for the money. one product is a highlighter/enhancer and the other a contour/shading product. this was the main attraction for me as i have a love for cream products as i think they look the most natural. 

What i love about Tom Ford is the packaging. The packaging for Tom Ford is always so classic and chic, and i wasn't let down with the shade and illuminate packaging. The shade and illuminate comes in a suede pouch with Tom Ford on to store the product when not in use. the actual product outer is a very mirrored material. The product is quite large and narrow. when opened there is a large mirror on the top side which i love. The large mirror and the case would make the product good to travel with.







My first use of the shade and illuminate was very positive. The illuminate product was really nice as it gave a glow and shine to the skin without adding glitter so it made the skin look naturally flawless. I used the illuminator on the top of my cheek bones, my brow bone and on my cupids bow. 
Again with the shade colour i was really impressed, the product has a grey undertone which replicates shadow so it was very effective. As i have very freckly skin i find it difficult to find a contour colour that works with my skin without it looking pasty. To apply the product Tom Ford sell a brush purposely made for the shade and illuminate, personally i didn't buy it as it was quite expensive.I just used the real techniques contour brush and i had good results with this.




I would say that I was impressed with the shade and illuminate, and I would recommend it if you are willing to pay more money for a good quality contour and highlighter. If you are not willing to pay a huge amount of money yourself it would make a really nice gift. Overall  the Tom Ford Shade And Illuminate is a really nice product to own but its not a necessity and there is other cheaper alternatives on the market.


Thank you for reading and i hope you found the review helpful!

Liv x

No comments:

Post a Comment